Monday, February 18, 2013

Blogging Around

The first blog I commented on was Mark J's from Period 7. He talked about how he realized that modern and postmodern art is all around us now that we have learned about it in class.

"I totally can relate to what you have written in this blog post. Modernism and Postmodernism sound like concepts that are really difficult to understand...and I think that's pretty accurate in my case. Just like the automotive commercials helped you understand it a little better, the music and art examples helped me distinguish the different characteristics of the two."

The second blog I commented on was Sammy R's, also from period 7. He wrote about the song "Einstein on the Beach" and how it relates to Postmodernism.

"Can I be honest...
When I pressed play on the youtube link and started listening to it, I started laughing because first of all, I've never heard this song before and secondly, It's unlike anything I've ever heard, so I was pretty taken by surprise.
But as I was reading your blog post, I actually get what you're saying. I really like how you made it a metaphor to society. This song has so many different layers, that it really does show how actions layered upon one another create a complex system within each of us as a part of society."

No comments:

Post a Comment