Sunday, April 21, 2013

Metacognition: Mash Up


Before I began working on my love-themed mash up, I had to think about what the word “love” actually meant. Yes, there is love in fairytales, in movies, in books, and there is love all around me. But I didn’t know what its core definition was, so that is why I began with it.

Then I started thinking about what kinds of different mind sets and views people have on love. Where they see it, have it, feel it. Love shapes us in positive ways and can even determine some of the paths we take in our lives. I found the YouTube that exemplified this really well.

Then I moved deeper, thinking about how love can be even more destructive, if you aren’t careful. I put most of my personal reflections in this part of my mash up, because I found that I tended to gravitate toward this viewpoint in my writing.

Overall I think that it’s really cool how taking elements from literally anywhere can come together to help you learn and understand more about just one theme. I think that using this process of thought to write essays and do projects in the future, for any class, really, would be actually really helpful. In college, professors expect students to have a deeper level of understanding and thought, so this process would definitely be a great starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment